Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Torrent Questions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Foamy

Foamy

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Torrent Questions Empty
PostSubject: Torrent Questions   Torrent Questions Icon_minitime4/17/2009, 4:23 pm

Yo fuck dis. i'm changing this thread into a FAQ (Foamy asked questions) about torrents. Some Q's I have, What does the number inside the () mean for peers, seeds, and do I want more peers?

Last edited by Foamy on 4/18/2009, 12:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Darth Frankus

Darth Frankus

Number of posts : 224

Torrent Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrent Questions   Torrent Questions Icon_minitime4/17/2009, 4:57 pm

Hit Delete System 32
Back to top Go down
Foamy

Foamy

Torrent Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrent Questions   Torrent Questions Icon_minitime4/17/2009, 6:04 pm

Darth Frankus wrote:
Hit Delete System 32
I don't think there's a key on my keyboard that says that.
Back to top Go down
Darth Frankus

Darth Frankus

Torrent Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrent Questions   Torrent Questions Icon_minitime4/17/2009, 7:21 pm

there is. you just have to look really really hard
Back to top Go down
Adarg

Adarg

Number of posts : 138

Torrent Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrent Questions   Torrent Questions Icon_minitime4/18/2009, 1:18 pm

Foamy wrote:
What does the number inside the () mean for peers, seeds, and do I want more peers?
The number inside the parenthesis is how many Peers/Seeds you could have. For example, you could have 7 Peers with a 30 in the parenthesis. That just means that you currently have 7 but you could have 30. Personally, I've never been able to have as many Peers or Seeds as it has in the parenthesis. If you ever do, you're extremely lucky.

To be honest, Peers don't matter. They're basically just the number of other people who are currently downloading the Torrent that you're downloading. It doesn't matter how many you have.
Back to top Go down
Foamy

Foamy

Torrent Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrent Questions   Torrent Questions Icon_minitime4/18/2009, 1:44 pm

Adarg wrote:
Foamy wrote:
What does the number inside the () mean for peers, seeds, and do I want more peers?
The number inside the parenthesis is how many Peers/Seeds you could have. For example, you could have 7 Peers with a 30 in the parenthesis. That just means that you currently have 7 but you could have 30. Personally, I've never been able to have as many Peers or Seeds as it has in the parenthesis. If you ever do, you're extremely lucky.

To be honest, Peers don't matter. They're basically just the number of other people who are currently downloading the Torrent that you're downloading. It doesn't matter how many you have.
Kthx. I have a new one. How would I get more seeds, like, sometimes I get one, but, then it goes away.
Back to top Go down
Adarg

Adarg

Torrent Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrent Questions   Torrent Questions Icon_minitime4/18/2009, 2:02 pm

Foamy wrote:
How would I get more seeds, like, sometimes I get one, but, then it goes away.
As much as I would like to know a way, I don't. I'm actually pretty sure that there is no real way, unless you were to get a bunch of different people you knew and make them all download the same Torrent. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Foamy

Foamy

Torrent Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrent Questions   Torrent Questions Icon_minitime5/2/2009, 9:40 pm

Now what is the down speed, and up seed do? When they say uploaded what is being uploaded, and to where?
Back to top Go down
Adarg

Adarg

Torrent Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrent Questions   Torrent Questions Icon_minitime5/3/2009, 9:28 am

Foamy wrote:
Now what is the down speed, and up seed do? When they say uploaded what is being uploaded, and to where?
Down speed is how fast you're downloading it (the torrent) and up speed is how fast you're uploading it (once again, the torrent). To me, it's just another one of those things that doesn't matter.

I'm not too sure, but I think you're uploading it to other people. Kind of like seeding.
Back to top Go down
Foamy

Foamy

Torrent Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrent Questions   Torrent Questions Icon_minitime6/19/2009, 4:41 pm

Now I have a request. Once I get done downloading this .rar file can one of you peeps be extracting & sending it back to me? kthx in advance.
Back to top Go down
Adarg

Adarg

Torrent Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrent Questions   Torrent Questions Icon_minitime6/19/2009, 4:52 pm

Foamy wrote:
Now I have a request. Once I get done downloading this .rar file can one of you peeps be extracting & sending it back to me? kthx in advance.
Why can't you extract it? Anyway, yeah, I'll do it.
Back to top Go down
Foamy

Foamy

Torrent Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrent Questions   Torrent Questions Icon_minitime6/19/2009, 7:51 pm

Adarg wrote:
Foamy wrote:
Why can't you extract it? Anyway, yeah, I'll do it.
I've tried my hand at winrar, and found it to be too confusing. And none of the other extracters that I've used work with .rar files.
Back to top Go down
Adarg

Adarg

Torrent Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrent Questions   Torrent Questions Icon_minitime6/19/2009, 10:54 pm

Foamy wrote:
I've tried my hand at winrar, and found it to be too confusing. And none of the other extracters that I've used work with .rar files.
Oh, I see. Okay then. Give me that there file to be extracted and such.
Back to top Go down
Foamy

Foamy

Torrent Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrent Questions   Torrent Questions Icon_minitime6/20/2009, 6:34 pm

Adarg wrote:

Oh, I see. Okay then. Give me that there file to be extracted and such.
I'll hand it over when it's done downloading. This mofo goes slow, so slow that it may take a week or two.
Back to top Go down
Darth Frankus

Darth Frankus

Torrent Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrent Questions   Torrent Questions Icon_minitime6/20/2009, 10:25 pm

cause ya gay
Back to top Go down
Foamy

Foamy

Torrent Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrent Questions   Torrent Questions Icon_minitime6/21/2009, 1:11 am

Darth Frankus wrote:
cause ya gay
No cause it was a rip off of a torrent from Demonoid. i signed up, and downloaded the real torrent, by the way. So put those .rar rippin' days to rest.
Back to top Go down
Adarg

Adarg

Torrent Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrent Questions   Torrent Questions Icon_minitime6/21/2009, 8:51 pm

Foamy wrote:
No cause it was a rip off of a torrent from Demonoid. i signed up, and downloaded the real torrent, by the way. So put those .rar rippin' days to rest.
Ah jes, Demonoid is a good site. All of their torrents are good and whatnot. Anyway, so I don't need to extract it for you anymore?
Back to top Go down
Foamy

Foamy

Torrent Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrent Questions   Torrent Questions Icon_minitime6/21/2009, 9:50 pm

Adarg wrote:
Ah jes, Demonoid is a good site. All of their torrents are good and whatnot. Anyway, so I don't need to extract it for you anymore?
Nope, all the files on the torrent worked.
Back to top Go down
Adarg

Adarg

Torrent Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrent Questions   Torrent Questions Icon_minitime6/22/2009, 9:12 am

Foamy wrote:
Nope, all the files on the torrent worked.
Hooray! Now if you don't mind my asking, what did ya download?
Back to top Go down
Foamy

Foamy

Torrent Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrent Questions   Torrent Questions Icon_minitime6/22/2009, 8:18 pm

Adarg wrote:
Hooray! Now if you don't mind my asking, what did ya download?
Some Beck albums.
Back to top Go down
Adarg

Adarg

Torrent Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrent Questions   Torrent Questions Icon_minitime6/22/2009, 9:17 pm

Foamy wrote:
Some Beck albums.
But of course. ;D
Back to top Go down
Foamy

Foamy

Torrent Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrent Questions   Torrent Questions Icon_minitime8/7/2009, 11:10 pm

Got a new one. What does it mean when the little green or blue bars in the file tab turn red?
Back to top Go down
Adarg

Adarg

Torrent Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrent Questions   Torrent Questions Icon_minitime8/8/2009, 10:54 am

Foamy wrote:
Got a new one. What does it mean when the little green or blue bars in the file tab turn red?
It means that there's a problem. Either the torrent isn't downloading anymore or it just doesn't work. Blue means it's downloading and green means it's finished.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Torrent Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrent Questions   Torrent Questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Torrent Questions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Chatterbox-
Jump to: